The Communications Manager role works in a collaborative environment to advance Amazima’s mission, vision and values through the strategic use of email, social media, web sites, and print materials. Three (3) to five (5) years of experience preferred.
- Help establish and manage Amazima’s communication strategy and calendar: Ensure the quality, frequency, consistency and integration of our communication efforts with our constituents (donors, sponsors, followers, etc.).
- Supporting the strategy and implementation of Amazima’s welcome, drip and retention communication (email) efforts utilizing Salesforce and Mailchimp.
- Develop, implement, manage and analyze social media strategies and uses creative, cutting-edge practices to increase visibility and traffic.
- Amazima.org – Assists in determining and implementing the look and feel of Amazima.org. Oversees both content and functionality of the site. Leverage opportunities to tell the Amazima “story” in print, video and pictures
- Develop a set of communication metrics to monitor and evaluate activities in order to determine the success or otherwise of communications strategies.
- Responsible for day-to-day production and management of engaging content across external digital properties, including website and social media platforms.
- A Biblical Lifestyle
- Excellent writing skills…a story teller
- A team player
- Proven strategic thinking ability
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- B.A. preferred or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience in communications role. Experience with an African based non-profit is a plus.
- Experience with Mailchimp, Photoshop/InDesign and CRM software (preferably Salesforce) a plus.
- Demonstrated competency in and working knowledge of social media tools