Reporting to the Business Manager, the Director of Technology is responsible for all technology and data retention for the ministry. We are looking to employ a creative and dynamic leader charged with developing and implementing a strategic vision in all areas of technology for the ministry. They will facilitate the integration of digital tools and best practices into curricula and administrative systems. Both a big picture thinker and a hands-on implementer, the Director engages with administrators, educators, support personnel and students, to extend responsible and creative use of technology. We expect the post to be filled by a Strategic thinker with strong communication, organization, and interpersonal skills. They must have the enthusiasm and credibility to create and sustain instructional momentum in the appropriate use of technology in the ministry’s administration, and curriculum. The Director of Technology is a member of the administrative team, working closely with the Country Director, Principal, Dean of Student Life, and Operations Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees the ministry’s technology department. Guides, supports, mentors, monitors and evaluates the team.
- Ensures that an environment of shared knowledge and purpose is created among the technology team.
- Manages procurement, inventory and surplus of technology equipment, systems and related services.
- Monitors technology budget and expenditures.
- Oversees the installation of technology systems and tools (e.g. hardware, software, systems, wiring, specialized applicatons and tools).
- Maintains technology equipment and systems (e.g. servers, telephone systems, intercoms, alarms, surveillance cameras, software applications, network) ensuring that systems function efficiently and effectively.
- Researches different technology applications, tools and programs to ensure appropriate acquisition of educational and operational technology solutions and to assist others with these functions.
- Authorizes appropriate permissions and individual access to technology applications or services.
- Ability to manage and deploy apple computers and iOS devices via JAMF applicable to support the mission of The Amazima School.
- Must be a committed Christian who is in full agreement with the Statement of Faith of The Amazima School.
- Professional and personal references must demonstrate observed manifestation of godly character and spiritual maturity.
- Must be committed to the mission of The Amazima School and willing to make a minimum two-year commitment.
- Expericence with or ability to master jira and jira service desk while generating ownership of administration between departments.
- Must be a team player, able to take direction from the Country Director and appropriately prioritize work load requests.
- A Minimum of 5 years progressively responsible experience in the development, installation and maintenance of information Technology.
- Strong understanding and experience setting up, configuring, and managing network components. Not limited to managed switches, management of multiple vlans on the network, manage an enterprise wireless network, manage network operating systems, and centrally housed home folders.
- Setup and operational knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server, MacOS, iOS. Linux server and Mac OS X experience/knowledge advantageous.
- Must be willing to learn and adapt to different cultural norms which may create additional work for departments which fall under the business manager workflows, while empowering local staff, expatriates, and colleagues.