Member Care is the ongoing preparation, equipping and empowering Amazima Ministries staff for effective and sustainable life, ministry and work. The purpose of the Member Care position is to addresses all aspects of well-being of our staff and their dependents serving Amazima in Uganda. This includes but is not limited to helping prepare, welcome, equip, strengthen and empower Amazima staff for an effective life and service in Uganda.
- Couple with a strong, Christ-centered marriage
- Medium- or long-term foreign missionary service
- Willingness to raise funds for personal and ministry support
- Ability to engage staff in a participatory and collaborative manner
- Experienced leadership that is characterized by integrity, honesty, and speaking the truth in love
- Ability to develop positive and trusting cross cultural and interdenominational relationships
- Administratively gifted with willingness to assist missionaries and Ugandan nationals
- Clear written and verbal communication skills in English
- A growing Christian that is active in ministry in a local church/ or missions
- Teachable/ Adaptable/ Able to accept difficult circumstances/ Spiritually Mature
- Basic computer skills (Gmail, Calendar, etc.)
- Minimum three-year commitment preferred
- Primarily develop strong relationships with Amazima missionaries but also seek to develop relationships with all Amazima staff members
- Help to acclimate new staff to the Jinja area and to prepare housing, if needed, upon arrival
- Be a confidential place for foreign national staff to engage in dialog to address stress and personal challenges related to well being
- Offer consistent support and prayer to foreign national staff
- Coach and track (using Sola software) foreign national staff in Ministry Partner Development (ongoing support raising)
- Participate with leadership in handling of situations that are emotionally charged (e.g. grief, discipline, death, etc.)
- Be a liason and connector for missionary staff who have furthering needs (ie counseling/trauma)
- Spiritually mature
- Pastoral/shepherd’s heart
- Extensive familiarity with support raising
- Committed to excellence / attention to detail
- Exemplary communication skills
- Self-motivated / strong work ethic
- Works well with people
- Good listener
- Passion to connect with people
- Exercises a high level of discretion when working with confidential information
- B.A. preferred or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience in equivalent profession relating to human resource, counseling, and/or mentoring.
- Progressively responsible experience in a Christian non-profit or para-church organization preferred.
- Have attended seminars and/or workshops having to do with mission’s perspectives or cross-cultural experience preferred
- Demonstrated success working as a member of a team and developing effective relationships with key leaders and colleagues
- Minimum three years of experience living abroad preferred
The job description may be changed by the Executive Director to reflect or anticipate changes in the requirements of the position that are commensurate with the job title and subject area.