Do you have the passion and qualifications to serve as our next Nursing Director? We are looking for someone with strong leadership skills, preferable experience in public health, and a strong desire to approach health among young people in a holistic way,
Reporting to the Country Director, the Nursing Director position exists to provide high quality medical services to all Amazima Scholarship students, students attending The Amazima School, and other patients Amazima oversees while providing guidance and leadership to the Amazima Medical Team.
- Must have a Bachelor of Nursing degree with a minimum of three years’ experience and an exposure to pediatrics.
- Must have an Active professional registration.
- Must be a committed Christian who is in full agreement with the Statement of Faith and Biblical Lifestyle Agreement of The Amazima School.
- Must have a personal relationship with Christ.
- Must be committed to the mission of The Amazima School and willing to make a minimum two-year commitment.
- Must have the ability, skills and experience to Lead and manage teams.
- Should have the ability to Thrive while working with minimum supervision.
- Should have the ability to work independently and in a team setting with fellow colleagues.
- Should be able to work within an interdisciplinary team in order to manage complex medical cases.
- Should be able to maintain good community relations both within Amazima Ministries International and the outside community.
- Must have a high level of integrity.
- Should be hardworking, sociable and flexible
- Professional and personal references must demonstrate observed manifestation of godly character and spiritual maturity.
- Must be open to the possibility of working for 6 months in a government hospital for a Ugandan license.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the operations of 2 campuses.
- Ensure ethical and high-quality medical care is provided to all patients for which Amazima is responsible.
- Oversee and assist the Case Manager for all medical cases.
- Work closely with the Case Manager, Amazima Nurses, Physiotherapist, Counselors and the Country Director on medical cases of a complicated nature.
- Assess and address the health needs of Amazima students as a whole. This includes but is not limited to, designing programs for sexual education, HIV screenings, immunization clinics, annual physical reviews, and general health assessments.
- Hold health training sessions to further general medical knowledge of Amazima employees.
- Be accessible (by phone) at all times in case of emergency.
- Oversee and manage the medical team.
- Provide medical training for the medical team.
- Create and maintain good relations with local clinics, hospitals, and specialists.
- Create and maintain Memorandums of Understanding with partnering clinics.
- Ensure all medical records are up to date.
- Research best treatment options for individual medical cases.
- Create and implement Student Treatment Plans for students with chronic conditions.
- Ensure medical policies are up to date.
- Create annual medical budget.
- Provide weekly reports to the direct supervisor.
- Ensure appropriate registration and licensing of the Buziika Medical Clinic and all employed medical professionals.
The job description may be changed by the Country Director to reflect or anticipate changes in the requirements of the position that are commensurate with the job title and subject area.