The Staff Life Pastor role is part of a team that supports the spiritual growth of our 250+ Amazima staff members. The team is composed of men and women, foreign and Ugandan pastors. A Staff Life Pastor is focused on intentionally building relationships, discipleship, Bible training, and pastoral care for our diverse staff that includes both foreign nationals and Ugandans. Qualified applicants must have a minimum of 2 years ministry experience that emphasized discipleship, as well as a degree from an accredited Bible College or Seminary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize the discipleship strategies and programmes in use at Amazima ministries.
- Serve Amazima staff during normal scheduled hours. Additionally, will be expected to serve outside of normal scheduled hours if need arises.
- Under the direction of the Head of Staff Life the Staff Life pastor will recruit and train volunteers who will support the programmes and events implemented by Staff Life.
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of special ministry events. This could include speaking, leading groups, set up and tear down or other responsibilities that arise.
- Actively pray for Amazima staff and students. Participate in Amazima prayer events and outreaches.
- Support in teaching Bible Doctrine and Bible Study Methods training classes.
- Create and preach sermons for chapel services when called upon.
- Engage in meeting the pastoral needs of the staff, including prayer, pastoral counseling, and the ministry of presence in cases of loss, sickness, or emergency.
- Assist with the teaching of the Amazima Statement of Faith and other onboarding responsibilities for new staff. This will include regular check-ins with new staff members to offer prayer and emotional/spiritual support.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with all areas of Amazima Ministries.
- Support other ministry and school activities as necessary.
- Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Must be a committed, discipled Christian who is in full agreement with the Statement of Faith of Amazima Ministries.
- Professional and personal references must demonstrate observed manifestation of godly character and spiritual maturity.
- Must have sufficient experience serving in a disciple making capacity with a track-record of helping develop spiritual maturity in those they have discipled.
- Must be a humble team player – able to take direction from the Head of Staff Life and appropriately prioritize workload requests.
- Should have completed at minimum 2 years of formal Biblical and Theological training from a recognized evangelical Christians institution, and have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Christian ministry organization or church (discipleship experience is required).
- Must completely support the mission of Amazima Ministries International.
- Ability to express oneself in Luganda is desirable.
The job description may be changed by the Country Director to reflect or anticipate changes in the requirements of the position that are commensurate with the job title and subject area.