Under the reasonable direction of the Head Teacher, carry out the professional duties of a school teacher as set out in the school’s staff manual. The teacher is to raise the standards of student attainment and achievement within your subject area, and monitor and support student progress.
- To teach your subject(s) to groups of students from Amazima Transition year thru S6.
- To ensure that all lessons are planned with clear aims and objectives.
- To ensure that all lessons are delivered in line with the departmental schemes of work and school policies and in a classical manner.
- To take into account the differing ability lessons of students and differentiate work accordingly.
- Assist in development of curriculum
- To encourage all students to be actively engaged in their own learning and in reviewing their progress against targets.
- To ensure that all students are known by name and that the classroom atmosphere is positive at all times.
- To encourage and foster intellectual curiosity.
- To deal with inappropriate behavior quickly and effectively according to the school discipline policy.
- To check that all subject matter is effectively communicated and understood by all groups of students.
- To set appropriate tasks and challenges for homework according to the published timetable and ensure that it is regularly marked with constructive feedback.
- To keep careful records of student progress in line with departmental and school policy.
- To ensure that there is a high standard of display work in the classroom that is changed frequently.
- To keep work areas tidy and organized to promote safety and learning
- To attend scheduled meetings in the subject department and school.
- To work with colleagues in the subject department to formulate plans which have coherence and relevance to the needs of the individual students and to the aims and objectives of The Amazima School.
- To help develop resources for the school’s Integrated Technology Plan.
- To keep up to date with safety issues
- To ensure that all experiments are safe and contribute directly to the educational objectives.
- To participate in outside events such as field trips and service projects.
- To continue your own professional development under the supervision of the Deputy Head Teacher
- To set appropriate work for classes within your subject area during any periods of absence and make sure that the work is thoroughly reviewed on return.
- To promote teamwork within the subject department.
- To participate in the School’s IT program if required.
- To act as a positive mentor and role model and promote the classical and Biblical aims, values, and ethos of the school and uphold all rules and policies.
- To carry out a share of supervisory duties which may be reasonably required by the Headmaster.
- To enforce the school’s behavior and uniform policies on daily basis.
- To ensure the maintenance of accurate and up-to-date information on all classes taught.
- To make use of analysis and evaluation of student data.
- To identify and take appropriate action on issues arising from data, systems and reports.
- Produce reports for the department on assessment data, including examination data.
- To ensure effective communication and consultation with parents and caregivers of students.
- To liaise with other schools, higher education, industry, local community groups etc. as appropriate.
- To contribute to the delivery of Amazima School’s liaison activities.
- To act as godly classical mentor and carry out all responsibilities linked with that role.
- To monitor student attendance in lessons and ensure that follow-up procedures are put in place where necessary.
- To contribute to the delivery of personal, social, and health education.
- To play a full part in the life of Amazima School; to support its classical ethos and to encourage all students and staff to follow this example.
- Actively promote the school’s policies at all times.
- Comply with the School’s health and safety policies at all times.
To Model the behavior of a Godly professional at all times.
The job description may be changed by the Headmaster to reflect or anticipate changes in the requirements of the position that are commensurate with the job title and subject area.