Under the reasonable direction of the The Amazima School – Primary (TAS-P) Head Teacher and the Principal of The Amazima Staff Children’s School (TASCS), carry out the professional duties of a school teacher as set out in the associated Procedure Manuals. The teacher is to raise the standards of student attainment and achievement within their subject area, and monitor and support student progress. The teacher will perform duties in both TAS-P and TASCS accordingly as directed by leadership.
- A teaching license in your subject/grade level.
- Teaching experience preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to make a two-year commitment
- A willingness and excitement to serve in both The Amazima Staff Children’s School (TASCS) and The Amazima School – Primary (TAS-P).
Duties and Responsibilities
- To teach subject(s) to groups of students at The Amazima Staff Children’s School (TASCS) and The Amazima School – Primary (TAS-P).
- To ensure that all lessons are planned with clear aims and objectives.
- To ensure that all lessons are delivered in line with the departmental schemes of work and school policies and in a classical manner.
- To take into account the differing ability levels of students and differentiate work accordingly.
- To encourage all students to be actively engaged in their own learning and in reviewing their progress against targets.
- To ensure that all students are known by name and that the classroom atmosphere is positive at all times.
- To encourage and foster intellectual curiosity.
- To check that all subject matter is effectively communicated and understood by all groups of students.
- To set appropriate tasks and challenges for homework according to the published timetable and ensure that it is regularly marked with constructive feedback.
- To keep work areas tidy and organized to promote safety and learning.
- To attend scheduled meetings for the subject department and school.
- To attend all role- relevant events including but not limited to Reporting Days, Visitation Days, field trips, etc.
- To work with colleagues in the subject department to formulate plans which have coherence and relevance to the needs of the individual students and to the aims and objectives of TASCS and TAS-P.
- To have a general knowledge of computers and technology, and be familiar with technology resources such as Google Drive, Google Email, Microsoft Office, WhatsApp, etc.
- To keep up to date with safety issues.
- To ensure that all experiments are safe and contribute directly to the educational objectives.
- To continue professional development under the supervision of the TASCS Principal and TAS-P Head Teacher.
- To set appropriate work for classes within your subject area during any periods of absence and make sure that the work is thoroughly reviewed on return.
- To promote teamwork within the subject department.
- To act as a positive mentor and role model and promote the classical and Biblical aims, values, and ethos of the school and uphold all rules and policies.
- To carry out a share of supervisory duties which may be reasonably required by the Principal, Head Teacher, Deputy Head, or Director of Studies.
- To ensure the maintenance of accurate and up-to-date information on all classes taught.
- To ensure that attendance is taken and recorded daily.
- To ensure that grades are updated and posted in a timely manner.
- To keep careful records of student progress in line with departmental and school policy, communicating and consulting with the parents of staff children, Buziika Mentors and guardians, and taking other appropriate actions as needed.
- Produce reports for the department on assessment data, including examination data.
- To play an active role in the life of the student, acting as a godly mentor and carry out all responsibilities linked with that role.
- To monitor student participation, demeanor, and attitude in class and ensure that follow-up procedures are put in place where necessary.
- To contribute to the delivery of personal, social, spiritual, and health education.
- To play a full part in the life of The Amazima School – Primary and The Amazima Staff Children’s School; to support its classical ethos and to encourage all students and staff to follow this example.
- Actively promote the school’s policies at all times.
- Comply with the School’s health and safety policies at all times.
- To model the behavior of a Godly professional at all times
The job description may be changed by the TAS-P Head Teacher and/or TASCS Principal to reflect or anticipate changes in the requirements of the position that are commensurate with the job title and subject area.